Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Life, Camera, Action!!!


un·script·ed: /ˌənˈskriptid/

                     Adjective:
 Said or delivered without a prepared script; impromptu, unrehearsed

Life, Camera, Action!
So if your life was a movie, what genre would it be? I asked myself the same question and frankly, I don’t know what genre my life would fall under. I might as well make up my own genre because it is a blend of drama, action, suspense and comedy, so I guess I can call it drasacmedy (dra-sac-medy) lol!
The action piece is very minimal so as I progress in life, I would like to incorporate more action such as traveling, cruises, adventures like rock-climbing, hiking, sky diving, marathon and the list goes on.

Life: In Shakespeare’s play As You Like It, Jacques said, 
“All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts,..” 

As I reflect on my life and those around me, I feel we are in one big movie production that has no visual script(s). It is like the HBO series “Curb Your Enthusiasm”. The dialogue is largely improvised by the actors (us). The plots and subplots of our movie are established in an outline written not by Steven Spielberg but by our creator, Jehovah. He has given everyone of us the lead role in our own movie, a set and co-stars on the very onset (geographical location and family). However, as we journey through our life production we might move to a different set for different reasons such as work, school, marriage etc and we meet new people/co-stars along the way and assign them roles to play in our movie like friend, partner, mentor, shrink etc. Depending on the role they individuals play in our life, these individuals come for a season, reason, or a lifetime. Sometimes we strip them off their title and fire them from our production due to misunderstanding or betrayal. Other times, they decide to leave on their own because we no longer fit in their movie or they die. There should be no hard feelings because remember, they also have a main part in their own movie and they have the right to select their co-stars or move on to a different set. 

Camera: We are all Superstars. Our movie production involves our daily life and the main plot often revolve around our family, friendships, relationships, career, problems, expectations, joy, happiness, annoyance with other people's behavior, awkward situations etc. So fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, life does not hand you a script. Some of us have a plan on how we want our life to progress but sometimes it feels like we are totally winging it, which can be fun or frustrating. The one thing that is certain is that no one knows exactly know how our movie will end. Its all a matter of “Choice” and every choice we make or action we take has reaction. Similar to Newtons Third Law of Motion: “For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction”. 

Action: My choice at this time in my life is to live a healthier and happier life. To gain and share knowledge with others using my blog as a medium. I am a life-time learner and excited to share the things I learn as I move along my unscripted journey.

                                               Life is Unscripted. Undertake Life as it Comes”
                                                                         - QuietStorm

6 comments:

  1. I like this theme it is a mirror of actual life, because God is the Creator, however he has given us free will to direct our own life which is similar to writing and directing a movie.

    Let me see... if my life was a movie what would it be?
    I think it would definitely have lots of drama, action , suspense and at times too much action, however i am missing romance. I haven't had too many romantic encounter, so for me that is what I would look forward to develop in 2012 and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Original Hair and sharing those genres your life revolves around and the one area you hope to explore even more. Just remember to keep an open mind and let love flow :)
    Happy new year in advance!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would categorize my life as a romantic comedy for the most part, with some unwanted drama mixed in recently. I hope that the overall theme of my movie will focus on a quirky, but loving family, and finding a balance between helping others and living for yourself.

    Love the idea that we get to direct our own movies through the choices we make. Reminds me of a quote I heard this week, "The thoughts we choose to think are the tools we use to paint the canvas of our lives." Same applies to our movie. Love that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi CherryUGA! Thanks for your comment and i love the quote as well. Finding a balance in life is sometimes a challenge because something always happens to throw a monkey wrench in the plans. But stay positive, focus and remember there is always sunshine after the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post...loved the analogy.

    ReplyDelete